MTV JAMS’ “hoodFAB” GET’S AN UPGRADE!
July 11, 2007 hood FAB – adjective: The appearance and ability to floss with no floss costs! – Beginning Monday, July 2nd the all new trivia based short form program, “hoodFAB” turns viewers into virtual contestants by simply texting with their mobile phone. Hosted by Director of MTV Music & Talent and former Hip Hop radio personality Buttahman, he and his cameraman beat the block for contestants that are literally picked from the streets of NY and to battle it out. Armed only with their knowledge of hip hop and R&B they compete for an array of “hoodfab” prizes!
Playing the game is as easy as doing the Aunt Jackie. When the game show airs on MTV JAMS, a crawl appears at the bottom of the screen instructing viewers to text FAB to 22422 with their mobile phone or at hoodfab.mtv.com and answer five new trivia questions. Each correct answer counts as an individual entry into the prize pool, so the better your music knowledge, the better your chances are of winning. A winner is picked randomly before the premiere of the next installment of “hoodFAB” and sent a duplicate of the prize won by the weekly on air contestant. For more about “hoodFAB,” including contestant rules and regulations, go to hoodfab.mtv.com… Getting hood feels so good.
MTV Jams is a 24-hour digital music channel that launched on May 1, 2002 and features the best non- stop Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop, and Soul music and artists. This music channel is dedicated to playing music videos from today’s blazing artists from today and tomorrow.
CLICK LINK FOR SNOOP D-O DOUBLE-G ON hoodFAB! http: //press.mtvn.com/clips/hood
Buttahman will be available for interviews, if interested, reply to contacts on the bottom
Buttahman’s Career Credentials
- Currently director of Music and Talent for MTV
- Works with the group for deciding what music videos and artists are supported On all of MTV’s music brands including MTV/MTV2/MTVU/MTV Hits/ MTV JAMs
- Working on the development of MTV JAMS which is a 24 hour hip hop/ urban music video channel with nation wide distribution
- Has taken on duties as producer/host/creator of HOODFAB, MTV’s first ever interactive hip hop Trivia game show.
- Buttahman is also responsible for MTV Networks Monster Mix,the first nationally televised video mix show and assisted bringing Fight Klub to MTV2.
- Buttahman worked as On-air talent and Music Director of WERQ/92Q Jams in Baltimore for 7 years until moving to NY in 2001.
- He has also written a screenplay which is currently making the rounds through Hollywood thanks to a deal w/ Christopher Brian Films (Chris Stokes’ Production company)
- Buttahman has also been working with MTV Films finding artists for features and soundtrack placement.
- Besides writing, Buttahman is also a stand-up comic.