DJ SARASA a.k.a. Silverboombox – L.A.
The international floor banger from Tokyo, DJ SARASA presents “LA”, the first edition of her first “Regional Underground Mix”, filled with the latest movement of the LA underground scene!
DJ SARASA, herself being a huge fan of the Los Angles’ underground hip hop movement, transplanted herself to LA in September 2009 to capture the best of the growing scene. She explored LA’s hot spots like Project Blowed (Kaos Network), and bonded with fresh beatmakers and rappers.
Sarasa performed at 11 venues while there, with LA underground scene founders like Aceyalone (Freestyle Fellowship), Percee P, Luckiam PSC (Living Legends), Imani (The Pharcyde), Pep Love (Hieroglyphics), and DJ Rashida (Prince’s back DJ). Many of these artists get caught in the mix, along with other notable innovators like Flying Lotus and The Glitch Mob , People Under The Stairs, and J.Rocc (Beat Junkies). DJ SARASA also featured some of LA’s promising fresh new artists such as AshTreJinkins (a 17 year-old with beasty beats!), Sahtyre (A talented battle rapper from Swim Team), and DIBIA$E (release plan in progress with Jazzy Sport, Japan).
This mix will unveil some of the secrets of the LA scene; listeners can hear SARASA’s strong emphasis on the unique flow and transitions in her mix. The mix moves from LA “Hyphe electronic hip hop’ to “grimy flows laced with tribal drum patterns’, on through “Spacey cosmic beats’ and “heavy and dark beats which reminds you of LA’s red light districts’. Finally, Sarasa grinds down the mix with “ambient-but-heavy hip hop’ and wraps the whole mix up with soothing local sounds. This electrifying LA underground sound and new movement is still very new to Japanese ears, and this mix will inject listeners straight into the streets of LA, just as DJ SARASA did during her visit.
Sarasa’s mix is punctuated with shouts from some of LA’s top voices, Aceyalone, Jurrassic 5, and The Pharcyde.
Distribution honda productions
DJ SARASA a.k.a. Silverboombox – L.A.
1. Matty G- West Coast Rocks (The Glitch Mob Remix)
2. Boreta- Bubblin in the Cut
3. edIT- The Game is Not Over (feat. J-Dilla, Phat Kat & Dabrye)
4. The Glitch Mob- Nalepa “Monday” Remix
5. edIT- More Lazers
6. Mr. Oizo- $tunt$ (Flying Lotus Remix)
7. Flying Lotus- Melt!
8. AshTreJinkins- Cambodian Bonfire
9. AshTreJinkins- Yodaz Brain
10. Jesse “X-Ro” Pinkney- Leimert 19
11. DIBIA$E- Spacely Sprokettz
12. DIBIA$E – Cosmo Boppin
13. Shlohmo- Spooky Specs
14. dak- Fownd
15. Nosaj Thing- Coat of Arms
16. Nocando- The Man Who Served the World
17. Otherwize- Point of View
18. Grand Agent- L.A. Confidential (prod. By OH NO)
19. Charles Bronson- Covered Face
20. Sahtyre- Move (ft. Swim Team)
21. Co$$- Kahkis & Taylors (prod. By Fonetik Simbol)
22. LMNO & Yann Kesz- Cocaine
23. Uncle Imani of The Pharcyde- Hard
24. Percee P- Mastered Craftsman (prod. Madlib)
25. M.E.D.- Push
26. Ali Baba Abnormal- Glocknload
27. Astro- Caution
28. Metamorphs- Revenge
29. Good Cop Bad Cop- Missing Link (ft. DJ Tommy Blak)
30. Aceyalone- The Guidelines
31. Herbal Influence- Love’s Contribution (ft. Grover Zealous)
32. Late Bloomers- Wops Bounce
33. DIBIA$E & Pudge- Smoke it Over
34. Inverse- So True feat. Deacon (of Cunninlynguists)
35. J Rocc- Secondhand Sureshots
36. People Under the Stairs- Down in L.A.
37. Oddisee & Trerk Life- Last Joint
DJ SARASA biography
Hip Hop (Old School, 90’s, Underground, Jazzy, Bass, House-Crossover, Top 40)
Disco (80’s to Contemporary)
House (Dance, Music, Tribal, Deep)
Based in Tokyo, DJ SARASA a.k.a. Silverboombox’s crossover selection of Hip Hop, Funk, Disco, Soul, Breakbeats and House music, enables her to cater to any crowd at ease. Her turntablist party rocking skills, stage presence which includes breakdancing while DJing, and overall zest for music makes her one of the most acclaimed DJs in Japan.
After starting her career at the age of 18 as a college radio DJ in Canada, in 2006, she was involved in the marketing campaign for the launch of the movies “Dave Chappelle’s Block Party” and “RIZE” nationwide.
Having performed and U.S.A., Canada, Japan, Dubai, Malasia and many more, DJ SARASA is a proven world-class performer. She has rocked the crowd of over 5000 people in her recent performance for Chingay Parade (Singapore) in the beginning of 2009.
She continues to make contribution to the music scene with her eclectic selection, and without a doubt became the promoter’s first choice to open up for overseas acts when they come to Japan.
DJ SARASA has performed along with big name artists such as…
– DJ Premier – Pete Philly & Perquisite
– Pete Rock – Steph Pockets
– Group Home – DJ Muro
– Large Professor – DJ Krush
– C.L. Smooth – The Roots
– DJ Evil Dee – Funky DL
– Percee P – Lupe Fiasco
– Hieroglyphics – Rascalz
– The Rebirth – K-OS
– The Brand New Heavies – K’naan
– Masia One – Kool Keith
and many more!
DJ SARASA is also a producer and has produced all the sound for Nike Europe’s Nike iD (Troupe) website as well as working with artists such as Elzhi (Slum Village), Raekwon (Wu-Tang Clan) and Masia One.
After her first release “OWL” sold out in 2007, she released her first OFFICIAL mix CD “Mr. B-Girl” in 2009, which successfully promoted equality in the female performers in Hip Hop culture. In the same year, DJ SARASA released an itunes Japan exclusive compilation album called “Hip Hop is Funk & Jazz”.
– U.S.A. (NY, LAÔºâ – Canada (Toronto)
– Dubai – Malasia (Kuala Lumpur)
and many more
2007 Krates Records “OWL (One Woman’s Love )”sold out
2009 Rainbow Entertainment “Mr. B-Girl” Top 2 on DMR Weekly Hip Hop Ranking
2009 P-Vine Records “Hip Hop is Funk & Jazz (Vol.1)” Top 2 (of 100) on itunes Hip Hop Ranking
Notrax “Uniquely Hardcore”, “One of the Biggest Party Girls”
Warp Magazine “The New Generation Artist you need to know now”
Floor Magazine “The DJ which we are paying attention to”
Samurai Magazine “The New Generation”
Myspace Japan “The DJ who is gaining the most the focus of the street”
Macka-ChinÔºàNitro Microphone UndergroundÔºâ “The person who shocked me the most in the year 2008”
Luire “One of the artists that is in the front line of the scene”
Ollie “Tokyo V.I.P.”
For more information please go to www.djsarasa.com <http://www.djsarasa.com>